Matched

Matched - Ally Condie I can't exactly remember where I first had heard of Matched, but I do remember reading the summary and thinking that the plot sounded interesting. So, I borrowed it from the library and gave it a read.

In short, this book wasn't as good as I had hoped. There were quite a few things that I didn't like and one of those things was the narrative. I'm not really a fan of present-tense narratives and I would've preferred an omniscient narrator to Cassia's narration. Ky's status is brought up at the most inappropriate times in the narrative. Cassia could be running on the track and then, Ky's an Aberration. I don't see what that has to do with the current action!

I guess the only upside of this book, is its plot. I liked the plot of this book, it had potential, but it isn't told very well. For the most part, the story moves incredibly slow and picks up the pace a few times throughout the book. The ending of the book left me quite disappointed, I didn't expect it but I just seemed a bit out of place.

If I were Cassia, I would choose Xander over Ky any day. I don't see what is 'appealing' about him. He actually sounds quite boring to me. Usually, I'm a sucker for the mysterious one, but not this "mysterious" one. Xander, on the other hand, is quite charming. To me, he's the more likable boy.

I probably will venture further into the series and hopefully the next two books will be better than this one.