Bright Young Things

Bright Young Things - Anna Godbersen This was the first book I'd read by Anna Godbersen so I didn't have any expectations or hopes of what her style would be. I wanted to be pleasantly surprised by this book. I really like historical fiction and hoped that this would be very entertaining to read.

I enjoyed this book, but there were a few things that bugged me a little bit. First of all, the characters were a little flat and didn't seem very real to me. Secondly, the constant repition of Letty's mouth being described as a "little gem" started to get on my nerves. The descriptions of characters weren't varied much, which isn't so good in my book.

However, I did like the plot and storyline of the book. It was very entertaining to read. But, the ending was a little stale, I expected better and it was obviously set up for a sequel.

I guess I'm a picky girl who doesn't like repetition and flat characters. This book was entertaining and I do recommend it to some extent but I wouldn't call it the most amazing book in the world. I like Godbersen's writing style and I am sort of looking forward to reading the next book in the series.